RE: [art_education] Re: Horrible Art

  • Suzette Milam-Morrow
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 24, 2009

      Mika,

      I am of the “It all goes up camp”. I believe all art is worthy and should be celebrated. I think it is the best way to critique (Praise, Question, Propose). All projects go up in the classroom. We keep portfolios and visit them often.  In the office or public displays usually about a month is sufficient to be seen but not stale. I always post a standards sheet with the public display. I have taught all the grade levels for 20 years. From Kinders to AP high School Students.

      Suzette Morrow

      Mika’s questions were:

      I am still a student learning to become an art teacher, so I am hoping you can answer couple questions for me regarding this topic:
      1) How long do you usually keep the art works up? I know few teachers in the past even had works from students years before still on the wall. This answer may range from teacher to teacher, but I was curious to know some perspectives about this.
      2) From your comment, I am assuming that you do not put all projects on the wall. How do you decide which project to put up? Did you have a time where a student preferred a different project to be displayed rather than the one you chose?
      3) What grade levels do you teach?