hanging students work

  • Wanda
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2009

      My room is at the end of a 30 ft hallway that leads to the computer lab,  gym, with my room at the end. I had map rail hung on one side of the wall so I could hang art work. I teach 8th and 9th grades so I rotate between the two and try to keep something up at all times. Yes, they ask are you putting these out in the hall, my reply is you never know when or what will be out there so do your best. I have special education, Cite Based Instructon students as well as the general population mixed in my classes. I put out all students work. The only exception is ones that do not complete enough to remotely look like art. Students really like to see their work in the hall and will show it off to those not in my classes. I have even had students come to me well after school had begun to see if they can get into my classes because they saw the art on the walls. Teachers love to see it also I have even had teachers offer to purchase a students art in the past. So by all means display the art it can make difference and will help keep our programs alive. Wanda