Re: [art_education] teaching jobs

  • annie holmes
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2002
      --- Charlot Cassar <charlotc@...> wrote:
      > Been reading the messages and not commenting simply
      > because I do not have
      > much to contribute to the discussion.
      >
      > I just realised however, that every year, we get
      > this company (forgot its
      > name) which tries to recruit teachers from all over
      > Europe to work in the
      > Usa. They target young teachers, new grads mainly,
      > and they offer quite a
      > hefty package, at least by our standards and they
      > are always going on about
      > the shortage of teacher in the Usa.
      >
      > Sounds funny, especially in the light of the ongoing
      > discussion!
      >
      > blue
      > Hey everyone-I have been reading all of the
      comments. One thing keeps coming to mind upon
      reflection and that is in order for us as art
      educators to be heard we have to be art education
      advocates. It is great that we all feel the way we do
      in our own discussion forum but I think we need to
      extend our ideas out in about-within our schools and
      communities. Talk is cheap-hopefully at the very
      least the children we teach will appreciate the value
      of all we do both cognatively and affectively and in
      the future there will be a greater understanding for
      what we do. Just a thought.

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com