Fw: United We Serve the Arts: Tell Your Story

  • Ken Rohrer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2009

      Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:54 PM
      Subject: United We Serve the Arts: Tell Your Story

      Arts Action Alert - Take Action Now!
      August 26,

      As many of you are aware, President and Mrs. Obama have made volunteerism a central part of their call for building communities across the country as part of the White House's United We Serve initiative. Americans for the Arts is playing our part in this initiative and is happy to announce the launch of a new web portal dedicated to promoting community service opportunities for arts groups, arts volunteers, and artists nationwide.

      Serve.artsusa.org is a place for volunteers in the arts to share stories and upload photos and videos related to their volunteer experiences. Inspired by President Obama, Americans for the Arts is leading the nation's arts sector to be an active participant in this national service initiative, and showcase the arts and humanities service activities happening across the country as part of the National Day of Service and Remembrance on September 11, 2009 and throughout the year. Please visit the website to showcase your personal or professional volunteer stories, videos, and pictures, which we will then compile and share with the White House, Congress, and the media. By demonstrating the impact of arts volunteerism, we aim to encourage arts volunteerism support. The interactive site allows you to:
      • Share your story. Calling all volunteers in the arts to share stories and upload photos and videos related to their volunteer experiences.
      • Become a partner. Calling all arts groups around the country to sign up as a free national partner for United We Serve: ARTSusa.
      • Sign the petition. Show your support of President Obama's proposed "Artists Corp."
      • Find volunteer opportunities. Serve.artsusa.org links to All for Good where you can browse activities and find volunteer opportunities based on your location or interests.

      Help us continue this important work by becoming an official member of the Arts Action Fund.  If you are not already a member, play your part by joining the Arts Action Fund today -- it's free and simple.

      Click to remove your name from receiving e-mails regarding arts advocacy