Re: [art_education] sketchbook covers

  • K Olson
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 3, 2004
      Regarding sketchbook covers, one year my 3rd graders
      made their own, and we covered them with wallpaper
      from Home Depot wallpaper book donations. You could
      also do a repeated pattern blockprint design with the
      easycut rubber stamping material or styrofoam plate
      print. A 3rd grade literature selection this year
      called The Talking Quilt illustrated African Adinkra
      cloth designs so we created our own with the styrofoam
      printing and the designs turned out beautiful! We
      printed on construction paper as well as made class
      banners on fabric. They are on display right now at
      our local art gallery.
      Kathy Olson, Vista Academy of Visual & Performing Arts

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
    • Renah Bell
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3, 2004
        Thanks. Actually that's what I've done, too. Do you see them every day?
        Renah
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 4, 2004