Re: [art_education] Art quotes

  • Kelli Wilke
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2009
      I like the one that says " life is drawing without an eraser".  I don't know who said it though.
      Kelli in NE

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Sep 4, 2009, at 6:08 AM, kamla ravikumar <kamla_rk@...> wrote:

      Hi,
      One of the best Art quotes I read so far are:

      "If you work with your Hands you are a Labourer
      If you work with your Hands and Mind you are a Craftsman
      If you work with your Hands,Mind and Heart ...you are an Artist".

      Unfrtunately I don't have the name of the person who said these words but they are so apt & a beautiful way to describe an artist.

      Kamla,
      Chennai,India

    • Pat
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2009
        That is a terrific quote. I liked it so much that I made a poster using
        calligraphy and post it outside my door at school.
        Pat VA
      • artsypffartsy
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 6, 2009
          For those of you with a whiteboard...
          Put a quote that you like in your screen saver. There is a text selection where you can write anything you want. Choose if you want the quote to tumble around on your screen, rotate, etc. When your screen saver comes on, the quote shows up on your white board. My quote this week was "Art is a Mirror of Life." next week we are doing cave art in Class 5. My quote will be "Art, the first language". And each week I will put up a new one. Kids have really noticed it and talked about it amongst themselves. When I hear them talking I turn it into a group discussion.

          For those who do not have a white board, use your chalk board.