Re: [art_education] sketchbook covers

  • Kelli Denne
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 3, 2004
      I see them at the beginning of the course and at the end.  We make them from scratch using a 9 x 12 piece of white drawing paper, punch holes in the inside paper and then bind it with yarn.

      Kelli

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • K Olson
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3, 2004
        Regarding sketchbook covers, one year my 3rd graders
        made their own, and we covered them with wallpaper
        from Home Depot wallpaper book donations. You could
        also do a repeated pattern blockprint design with the
        easycut rubber stamping material or styrofoam plate
        print. A 3rd grade literature selection this year
        called The Talking Quilt illustrated African Adinkra
        cloth designs so we created our own with the styrofoam
        printing and the designs turned out beautiful! We
        printed on construction paper as well as made class
        banners on fabric. They are on display right now at
        our local art gallery.
        Kathy Olson, Vista Academy of Visual & Performing Arts

        http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
      • Renah Bell
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3, 2004
          Thanks. Actually that's what I've done, too. Do you see them every day?
          Renah
          I see them at the beginning of the course and at the end.  We make them from scratch using a 9 x 12 piece of white drawing paper, punch holes in the inside paper and then bind it with yarn.

          Kelli

          Do you Yahoo!?

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • SERGIOLORA@aol.com