Art Quotes

  • christyvk
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 1, 2009
      Hello Everyone!!!

      I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?

      Thanks in advance!!

      Christy
    • Mary Hering
      Message 2 of 23 , Sep 1, 2009
        Hi Christy,

         The Incredible Art Education Resources has many!   http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/quotes.htm

        Mary

        I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?

        Thanks in advance!!

        Christy

      • ednakate
        Message 3 of 23 , Sep 2, 2009
          Hi Christy-
          I ask the students to tell me about themselves as artists. Here is my favorite quote from last year: "I am my own artist. I see the world beautifully because when I paint, I am able to feel all the colors I put on my paper" Danny grade 4
          Sounds like a fun project would love to see pictures.
          Alyssa

          -- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "christyvk" <christyvk@...> wrote:

          > Hello Everyone!!!
          >
          > I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?
          >
          > Thanks in advance!!
          >
          > Christy

        • bergiemoore
          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 3, 2009
            http://www.artquotes.net/

            You gotta love google. I searched artist quote, adn his site wiht lots of great quote came up.
            One I really like because it helped see being a famous artist as "more human" was be Warhol. He said "People tell me all the time that being an artist is great job. Why? I go to work, and I am there for 8-10 hours everday. Then I come home. How it is any different from any other job?" He also said this more concisely as " Why do people think artists are special? It's just another job.", but I don't like that one as much.
            Regards,
            Brandy

            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "christyvk" <christyvk@...> wrote:

            > Hello Everyone!!!
            >
            > I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?
            >
            > Thanks in advance!!
            >
            > Christy

          • lindakg2
            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 5, 2009
              --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "christyvk" <christyvk@...> wrote:

              > Hello Everyone!!!
              >
              > I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?
              >
              > Thanks in advance!!
              >
              > Christy

              Hi Christy,,Here's one from Georgia O'Keefe.........
              ..Nobody sees a flower really- it is so small-we haven't time, and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time..........

            • christyvk
              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 5, 2009
                Thanks so much for all of the wonderful quotes!! I will definitely be using them!

                Christy
                --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "lindakg2" <lindakg@...> wrote:

                > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "christyvk" <christyvk@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello Everyone!!!
                > >
                > > I am starting my ninth year teaching art at a high school in the Los Angeles area. I thought it would be really cool to decorate my room using various art related quotes/slogans but I need help! Does anyone have any quotes about art or from artists that they could share?
                > >
                > > Thanks in advance!!
                > >
                > > Christy
                >
                > Hi Christy,,Here's one from Georgia O'Keefe.........
                > ..Nobody sees a flower really- it is so small-we haven't time, and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time..........

              • asmax35
                Message 7 of 23 , Sep 9, 2009
                  Ooooh!
                  Great idea!

                  Is there a way/ or a spot on this webpage that we could have folks post the art/artist quotes?? I would love to see them, maybe others would too?

                  If not, could I ask a few of you to send me your best quotes??

                  Thanks
                  And I hope everyone's school years are off to a great start!
                  Andrea Sisel
                  Minneapolis, MN

                • iarcement@bellsouth.net
                  Message 8 of 23 , Sep 9, 2009
                    I would love to see some more quotes, myself!  I'll try to add some as well.

                    Thanks so much,
                    Idus

                    Message 9 of 23 , Sep 9, 2009
                      Whoops,
                      Sorry all, I missed the great links to Art/artist quotes that you all had posted (and exist here) on this fantastic website. Ya!
                      Thanks!!
                      Andrea Sisel
                      Mpls., MN

                      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Mary Hering <maryh923@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Christy,
                      >

                      > The Incredible Art Education Resources has many! http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/quotes.htm
                      >
                      > Mary

                    • Kelli Wilke
                      Message 10 of 23 , Sep 9, 2009
                        I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but I have my 7th graders write their own quote about art.  They design them and then I hang them all over my room.  Some quotes are the basic, "art is like a rainbow....full of color"  (I get that one A LOT!)  But some quotes are really amazing that the kids come up with..  Very insightful!  Great way to incorporate Language Arts too, because you can talk about metaphors, idioms, and adjectives.

                        Kelli in NE