RE: [art_education] portfolio

  • Dan Triplett
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2009
      I do the same thing Jan. Only I don't tape one end. I just leave it open. First I always have the kids put their names on their papers (and their teacher's name too). Each table has a table folder. Student folders go into the table folders. Table folders are collected and I put them in the class folder (same 12x18 folded construction paper). I put them up on the shelf. I color code the different days classes meet (4 different colors). I've had a few things fall out. If there's no name, I'll just put it in the table folder or the class folder and deal with it later. I've had a few problems but for the most part it's a system that works well. I've written about it on my blog and there's three examples that show how the students illustrate the front.

      http://artmakeskidssmart.blogspot.com/2009/08/student-folders.html

      Dan Triplett Art Teacher Bordeaux Elementary
      Email: artmakeskidssmart@...
      Blog: http://artmakeskidssmart.blogspot.com/