Teach your kids how to THINK (please)

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2004
      Dear Art Educators,

      Pretty please? Teach you students how to think....and when that doesn't
      work? Teach them how to "Google".
      Thinking is the most important part of art - stretch their imagination -
      knowledge is out there for the picking. I had so much fun teaching my kids
      how to find knowledge. We focused on the big stuff. I would even have kids
      ask me knowledge questions about their other subjects. Even if I knew the
      answer - I would say "Let's Google it!" (before that is was "IxQuick It" -
      or "Alta Vista Baby!" - or in my English accent "Let's Ask Jeeves what he
      has to say, shall we?" and then I'd throw in "Inquiring minds want to
      know" - Oh how much FUN we had! I would often have a group at lunch time
      follow me into a nearby room - or computer room if it was available - so we
      could Google something - I am sure we drove the other lunch monitors
      nuts -- oh well -- we always came right back).

      I guess today the "Apple" is Google for me (that is my home page on my

      You folks have the knowledge part figured out pretty well yourselves. You
      don't ask for much (smile). All of you know how to Google - the fastest way
      to all of your answers. Be sure to give those Getty Archives action whenever
      you can, too, for art ed topics. I would hate to lose those. I try to visit
      them just a bit every day.

      Here are some files that are helpful:
      From Craig Roland - It's the thought that counts:
      Blooms links: