Help Gearing up for Back to School

  • cescelyhill
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2009
      Hi Fellow Teachers,

      I am trying to locate an outstanding art long term plan that I can follow and create lesson from this year. Ideally, I'd love one for elementary, middle, and HS so that I can compare the skills being taught across the curriculum.

      Does anyone have one or all three of these?

      Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I'm trying to get ready for the new year.

      Cescely Hill
    • kamla ravikumar
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2009
        Hi,
        With the global recession and parents loosing jobs sometimes even homes....
        Children are going through a lot of stress emotionally and academically.
        They keep it all bottled up and only their close friends know their problems...very few parents are lucky to 'share' those problems.

        Art and music we all know are excellent stress busters which keep us company when we feel low .If we as art teachers can help these students by making art interesting and absorbing and help students to relieve that stress........... we will be doing a great service to the next generation to come.

        I always wished there was no grading for art and we let students express themselves.

        Kamla,
        Chennai,India

      • MJ Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2009