Re: [art_education] reading-Arts with the Brain in Mind

  • rutheannwalsh@grouply.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19, 2009
      It refers to mindmapping often and I do not know this.  I googled it but what I found was for bussiness.  I don't know if it would be used in primary education, I have prek-2nd grade.
      Thanks for any info.

      Ruthe Ann
      NJ
    • Kathryn Horn Coneway
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 20, 2009

        Ruthe Ann,

        I think mind mapping is similar to webbing and other visual techniques that help with idea gathering – from what I saw on-line it seems to be sort of a visual form of outlining.  So it seems you could definitely do this with preK-2nd graders, they might draw their ideas on the map rather than writing words.  Based on my observations of young children it seems this would work really well…they naturally connect drawing and recording ideas/stories so it would be cool to see how they would “map” their thinking about a topic.

        Thanks for the fun idea,

        Kathryn

        Art at the Center

        www.artatthecenter.org <http://www.artatthecenter.org/>

        <http://artatthecenter.blogspot.com/> http://artatthecenter.blogspot.com/

      • rutheannwalsh@grouply.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 21, 2009
          Thanks so much Kathryn.  I may try it also.  Still reading the book.

          Ruthe Ann