teaching jobs

  • Wayong@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
      Nevada is out of the question for me. No desire to live there. I'm not crazy about the wild west mentality here & if I were to relocate, I'm only considering the east coast esp Boston or NJ. Besides, I wouldn't be able to go to grad school in Colorado & work in Nevada at the same time. :-/
      And there are very few doctorate programs in special ed. Realistically though, if I were to get a mental health or arts job back east, I probably would not go back to school & would just work on my LPC.

      Interesting fact: Colorado has the 3rd highest drop out rate in the country at 14%. Arizona & Nevada are the only ones who have a higher drop out rate (around 19%).

      Wayong
    • Charlot Cassar
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
        Been reading the messages and not commenting simply because I do not have
        much to contribute to the discussion.

        I just realised however, that every year, we get this company (forgot its
        name) which tries to recruit teachers from all over Europe to work in the
        Usa. They target young teachers, new grads mainly, and they offer quite a
        hefty package, at least by our standards and they are always going on about
        the shortage of teacher in the Usa.

        Sounds funny, especially in the light of the ongoing discussion!

        blue
      • annie holmes
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2002
          --- Charlot Cassar <charlotc@...> wrote:
          > Been reading the messages and not commenting simply
          > because I do not have
          > much to contribute to the discussion.
          >
          > I just realised however, that every year, we get
          > this company (forgot its
          > name) which tries to recruit teachers from all over
          > Europe to work in the
          > Usa. They target young teachers, new grads mainly,
          > and they offer quite a
          > hefty package, at least by our standards and they
          > are always going on about
          > the shortage of teacher in the Usa.
          >
          > Sounds funny, especially in the light of the ongoing
          > discussion!
          >
          > blue
          > Hey everyone-I have been reading all of the
          comments. One thing keeps coming to mind upon
          reflection and that is in order for us as art
          educators to be heard we have to be art education
          advocates. It is great that we all feel the way we do
          in our own discussion forum but I think we need to
          extend our ideas out in about-within our schools and
          communities. Talk is cheap-hopefully at the very
          least the children we teach will appreciate the value
          of all we do both cognatively and affectively and in
          the future there will be a greater understanding for
          what we do. Just a thought.

          http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com