An AP concentration Example: Self Portrait vis-a-vis 12 Step program

  • wymystic
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2009

      Greetings all ~

      A few years ago I had the link to an example of an AP concentration in which the student had wanted to do "self portraits."  The instructor had explained that her choice was too broad.   Thereupon, the student both expanded and limited that  topic to paint a series of self portraits through the lense of her 12 step program of recovery ... That is to say, she painted a self portrait to represent herself going through each of the 12 steps.   I really  need that site, and of course, cannot find the link.

      Please:  Can anyone help me re-locate it???

      TIA

      Doree Bauerlein
      Spiritual Director
      and Visual Arts Teacher at Denison Elementary
      Denver CO

    • eileenciavarella
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 27, 2009
        Hi Doree,

        I think you are referring to Nicole Brisco's webpage on The Incredible Art Department site. I remember seeing that AP project a few years ago. I don't know if it is still posted but, you can contact Nicole. Her email address is on her site. She has been very helpful to me in the past.

        Eileen

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "wymystic" <wymystic@...> wrote:

        > Greetings all ~
        >
        > A few years ago I had the link to an example of an AP concentration in
        > which the student had wanted to do "self portraits." The instructor had
        > explained that her choice was too broad. Thereupon, the student both
        > expanded and limited that topic to paint a series of self portraits
        > through the lense of her 12 step program of recovery ... That is to say,
        > she painted a self portrait to represent herself going through each of
        > the 12 steps. I really need that site, and of course, cannot find the
        > link.
        >
        > Please: Can anyone help me re-locate it???
        >
        > TIA
        >
        > Doree Bauerlein
        > Spiritual Director
        > and Visual Arts Teacher at Denison Elementary
        > Denver CO

      • Ken
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 28, 2009
          Nicole Brisco's page is located at http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/artroom/Nicole/Nicole.htm