Re: [art_education] Field day at park activities

  • maryjo rosania
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2009
      Use plastic bags from the grocery store...cut into strips and tied together! RECYCLE!
      you could also use waterbottles to make something.

      oh, and I just thought, if you are going to do the Jackson Pollack painting - use waterbottles for the paints - poke holes in the tops and SQUEEZE!

      also, since you will be outside, you could do something with Andy Goldsworthy's work -- perhaps even creating sculptures you can keep on the school grounds.
      Have Fun!
      MaryJo

      On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 5:54 PM, Susan Michael <chemicalmango@...> wrote:

      Ahh... A large scale weaving project (One that can be walked under as it is being made.)
       Plastic streamers come to mind as a material to use. Susan

      --
      MaryJo Rosania

    • kathrynconeway
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6, 2009
        I enjoyed the different responses to this inquiry. The recycling ideas are great. Here is one more...making paper...great for out in the sun on a hot day. This project was done at a soft ball picnic outside at a park. The materials were all recycled...we just had to pulp the paper and carry water. Let me know what you think and please keep posting other fun outdoor/community art ideas.
        http://artatthecenter.blogspot.com/search/label/Community%20Art%20Events