Who has creative ideas for how to label table groups?

  • gustergirl_1227
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2 3:33 AM
      I am getting a new shelfing system next year where each table can just walk up, grab their folders out of that slot and sit down. Then when they clean up they can put the folders back in the same slot. I want the kids to get into a system and I am assuming I will need to mark the tables. Looking for some good ideas!! THanks!
    • aliteachesart
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2 6:21 AM
        I label my tables as colors. I organize by the colors with folders of portfolios, kids do jobs, line up, get praise for being on task (I love how the blue table is really focused today!). Primaries on one side with secondaries on the other. A few times a year I change seats, I assign on colored paper and the kids know their new table. It helps subs with names and me too in the fall. I find tons of ways to incorporate color theory during line up once the kids know the table names; its great for review. ALi NNY k-4
      • mprender8888
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2 6:40 AM
          All of my table groups are named after periods of art that are covered in my classes. I have the name of the group hanging from the t-bar ceiling over the tables. Also, all of my computers are named after artists, male and female, european, american, African American, latin american, and Japanese artists are represented. Have fun creating the signs in various cool fonts.

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "gustergirl_1227" <gustergirl_1227@...> wrote:

          > I am getting a new shelfing system next year where each table can just walk up, grab their folders out of that slot and sit down. Then when they clean up they can put the folders back in the same slot. I want the kids to get into a system and I am assuming I will need to mark the tables. Looking for some good ideas!! THanks!

        • linda
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3 5:16 AM
            I have made mobiles about six different artists to hang over the tables. I have rotating sets of these. A set of six impressionists, a set of 6 periods of art, a set of American artists, and a set of various European artists. I made one set a year a while back. I can rotate them now over a four year spread. Maybe I will be ambitious enough to make another set this year featuring Latin American or a combo ov various ethnicities, or African American....who knows! I use a foam core cutout with the artists name on it for the top. I punch holes in that, and suspend either a pair of small posters back to back on foam core from that. The posters hang on one piece of fish line, so the posters rotate in the air. You could add postcards as well.

            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "mprender8888" <mprender8888@...> wrote:

            > All of my table groups are named after periods of art that are covered in my classes. I have the name of the group hanging from the t-bar ceiling over the tables. Also, all of my computers are named after artists, male and female, european, american, African American, latin american, and Japanese artists are represented. Have fun creating the signs in various cool fonts.
            >
            > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "gustergirl_1227" <gustergirl_1227@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I am getting a new shelfing system next year where each table can just walk up, grab their folders out of that slot and sit down. Then when they clean up they can put the folders back in the same slot. I want the kids to get into a system and I am assuming I will need to mark the tables. Looking for some good ideas!! THanks!

          • mariocs76
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 25 10:10 AM
              Not sure what grade level you teach but my middle schoolers have an "art box" with materials in the middle of their table group (4 students per table). The lid of the art box has a table group # and each of the four corners has a colored dot label (red, yellow, blue, green) that way I can assign jobs to each member ie: reds will get water, blues newspapers, yellows paper towels, greens paper. In addition each dot has a number that corresponds to certain materials which are also labeled (student #6 gets water color set #6). Its just more organized that way and the kids are accountable for their materials, setting up, and cleaning up. Hope this helps.