Questions from a Student Teacher

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2004
      Jennifer (Jenjeff72@...) sent me some questions to
      post to the lists. She is now a student teacher. Here
      are her questions:

      1. Can you think of any projects or lesson plans that
      do something to help the community? the homeless,
      elderly...etc.

      Many lessons on Incredible Art Department can be
      adapted.

      2. Does anyone have a lesson plan that deals with
      endangered animals or anything animal related?

      See my Haitian Landscapes and Denise's Andy Warhol
      lesson. Ken Schwab's lesson to come. See the Science
      ideas page on IAD.

      3. There is a kid in my class that frequently gets
      picked on by the other students. I wonder if there is
      a lesson plan that might pertain to this topic - to
      some how get the kids to look how it feels to be on
      the receiving end of this issue. I don't want to
      single him out at all. Something in a non threatening
      way you know?

      Every single lesson can deal with these kind of
      issure. That is wahy Character Education is so
      important....and teaching tolerance.

      Folks - post yuor responses to the list -- or emaii
      Jennifer privately Jenjeff72@...

      Jennifer, these are just my "fast" answers to your
      questions. My long answers take a couple hours to
      write and right now I have many things on my "to do"
      list. If folks don't come through for you, email me
      again in a couple of weeks off list and I will help
      you more. Also - look at all of the list member sites.
      See my Art Teachers Web pages (link is very easy to
      find).

      Judith

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/