Re: advice/suggestions

  • Jessica
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5 6:04 AM
      I'd show how much there is to learn (lifelong learners that we are) at such a conference, collaboration with other teachers, working towards gaining clock hours for licensure renewal. Part of why they might not want to you go is that several want to go at once? I know my school has limited options for art subs and gets a little anxious if too many of us plan to be gone on a certain day.

      As for paying, perhaps you can approach the PTA? Give them a proposal, show what you can give back to them/the students, and they might be willing to pay some of the cost. However, speaking from someone who teaches in South Korea- had I gone this year (or plan to go next year), I would have had to pay for all the expenses, including sub pay with the exception of my personal days...

      Another alternative is to sign up to present something! I'm not sure what the benefits are (free admission?? etc), but that would be a way to get there also.

      Good luck!
      Jessica