Some WOW news about some second graders in my art class

  • linda
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2009
      I am so excited! Three of my 2nd graders made a mural about 9/11 that was accepted into the National Memorial and Museum for 9/11! Check it out through the article I wrote for our school's online newspaper about the project and see the link to their work!

      I can't seem to activate this link here, so just copy and paste the following into your browser bar to read about the project and see theri work:

      http://www.sjs.org/commoninc/pushpage/st_johns_pushpage3.asp?send_id=a049fd03-721b-49ef-8361-0b867d21b618&volume_id=23442&user_id=&mode=view&readmore_check=1&news_id=469778&from=email
    • kamla ravikumar
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2009
        Congratulations! Linda to you and your students.It is indeed a WOw news!
        I wish I was in the US to see the mural.
        How long will it be kept in the museum?

        Maybe on my next visit to the US I could view the exhbit.
        Kamla,
        Chennai,India.

      • linda
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 6, 2009
          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, kamla ravikumar <kamla_rk@...> wrote:

          > Congratulations! Linda to you and your students.It is indeed a WOw news!
          > I wish I was in the US to see the mural.
          > How long will it be kept in the museum?
          >
          > Maybe on my next visit to the US I could view the exhbit.
          > Kamla,
          > Chennai,India.

          The mural will be kept in the museum's permanent collect. But they have so much that they rotate things through. They are very interested in this piece because it is 2nd generation children. Their insight was incredible to me. By the way, two of these children are Indian and one is Caucasian. My perfectionist little brain was sort of hoping that one would be Hindu, one Muslim, and one Christian because that would be so amazing. IN the end, I think we had two Hindus and a Christian boy in this group. NOt that it matters, just intersting, I thought. The online version of this pieces is going to be there forever, I guess.
          Linda