Re: [art_education] Re:plastic bags

  • maryjo rosania
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2009
      I have not tried this myself yet, but plan on it.
      I read somewhere that using a very - very low iron you can fuse layers of plastic bags together to make things out of -- you cover the layers with a towel and cover your table top (Newspaper?)
      and press them together....I plan on doing it and making totebags....from bags to bags.
      MaryJo

      On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:38 AM, <ebonygirlp@...> wrote:

      What a great use for plastic bags. I recycle the bottoms and tops of tin cans (from food items) There is an old tree stump in my back yard and I have been nailing the tops on to it. Have not yet taken a photo of it yet.. Now to figure out what to do with the left over cans. I am thinking of a sculpture. Again great concept.

      Edna J. Patterson-Petty

      When words are too deep, try art therapy

      http://fabricswork.com

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/24065392@N03/

      Need a job? Find employment help in your area.

      --
      MaryJo Rosania

    • Becky Hopkins
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2009
        I made a post earlier about this.  We have actually done this to create "upside-down" tomato planters.  Works well.

        Becky Hopkins
        Art Teacher
        Marion Junior High School