plastic bags

  • optional
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2009
      I have personally done weaving with plastic bags. The woven material
      can be sewn into anything - hand bags, shoulderbags, sculptural
      forms... you name it!
      Last year I participated in an international exhibition called: The
      Cradle Project. You can see the piece, and the process here:
      http://www.geocities.com/lpmcdg/cradleintro.html
      Laura
    • ebonygirlp@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2009
        What a great use for plastic bags. I recycle the bottoms and tops of tin cans (from food items) There is an old tree stump in my back yard and I have been nailing the tops on to it. Have not yet taken a photo of it yet.. Now to figure out what to do with the left over cans. I am thinking of a sculpture. Again great concept.

        Edna J. Patterson-Petty

        When words are too deep, try art therapy

        http://fabricswork.com

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/24065392@N03/

        Need a job? Find employment help in your area.
      • maryjo rosania
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2009
          I have not tried this myself yet, but plan on it.
          I read somewhere that using a very - very low iron you can fuse layers of plastic bags together to make things out of -- you cover the layers with a towel and cover your table top (Newspaper?)
          and press them together....I plan on doing it and making totebags....from bags to bags.
          MaryJo

          --
          MaryJo Rosania

        • Becky Hopkins
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2009
            I made a post earlier about this.  We have actually done this to create "upside-down" tomato planters.  Works well.

            Becky Hopkins
            Art Teacher
            Marion Junior High School