2009 Spring Hands On Lesson Planning Newsletter Recently Uploaded

  • heidi_home72
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2009
      I recently revised and uploaded the new 2009 AMC Montessori Hands on Spring Hands-On
      Newsletter.

      Visit http://www.amonco.org/montessori_spring_handson.html

      Peruse through the entire topics.

      Then, download the new AMC Montessori Hands-On Creative Lesson Planning Newsletter.
      You can also access this newsletter by visiting http://www.amonco.org and clicking on the
      new eBook Library.

      Below, is just a partial listing of the offerings included in the 2009 edition.

      Part I - AMC Spring Newsletter

      Georgette shows us how to use newspaper to make a festive hat for Easter, Cinco de
      Mayo, Mother's Day and shares many multicultural techniques for combining Spanish and
      English in the classroom.

      Dr. Alexandra Delis-Abrams shares her Life Change Lesson - Tools that Change Your Life.
      We learn how to distinguish between the ego consciousness and soul/spirit consciousness
      attitudes. This is a must read article for teachers and parents!

      Part II - AMC Spring Newsletter

      Jan shares information about the imaginative Hippitty Hoppitty Bunny Topiary: Jan has
      donated a pair of gardening gloves for the March Montessori drawing. See
      http://www.amonco.org for details and to enter.

      Rae continues to show us why we should visit the Creative Process website. Her
      innovative ideas will greatly add to your spring lesson planning.

      Put some music in your young child's life with Shari and Jerry - Speak and Sing. Children
      will love making and using the tambourine/maracas , drums, tome tests and
      shaker/maracas as well as participating in the Here is My Bunny - Finger Play activity.

      Karen shares tips on how to make your own flannel board and homemade ice cream.

      Part III - AMC Spring Newsletter

      John shares his entertaining as well as educational activities entitled "I CAN'T TAKE THE
      PRESSURE and The Needle Proof Balloon."

      Nan shows us how to make some truly beautiful "homemade" colored Easter eggs.

      Does your middle school student enjoy participating in fun, challenging puzzles? Are you
      looking for some activities to help your student prepare for the ACT or SAT?

      If so, you are likely to find some wonderful puzzles here to supplement your language
      presentations in this section of the newsletter.

      Part IV — AMC Spring Newsletter

      Rita, from the North American Montessori Center, shares two outstanding Montessori
      extension exercises - My Family Tree and Marble Design Paper.

      Part V - AMC Spring Newsletter

      Marie and Kim illustrate how drawing helps children develop a mental map. We discover a
      Montessori extension exercise that is designed for age group 5 to 95.

      Part VI - AMC Spring Newsletter

      Dr.Borenson, from Hands-On Equations®, offers more samples of algebraic concepts.

      Download free French and Spanish songs with translations from Professor Toto.

      Part VII- AMC Spring Newsletter

      Ruth shares a needlepoint lesson which is designed for students 12 years and older.

      Marjorie shares a lesson plan for springtime from The Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi.

      Barbara takes on an exciting journey to explore how we can use images from the web as
      part of a notebook approach to history. Barbara has also generously shared her new
      Ancient Egypt Mini Unit.

      Don't forget to read Part VIII of the 2009 AMC Spring Newsletter

      Diana, from Nature's Workshop Plus, knows that we are all looking forward to the beauty
      of spring, so she showers us with some springtime nature activities that are sure to be
      enjoyed in any Montessori environment.

      Are you interested is seeing how you can integrate letter recognition, phonics and drawing
      into your lesson planning? Sharon has provided some wonderful free sample lessons from
      her Artsy Animals Learn to Read book.

      Montessorian Kathy O'Reilly uses eggs as the focus of food related exercises. Her multi-
      subject integrated approach is supplemented with a Booklist for additional extension
      lessons.

      This post contains only a very small sampling of what is offered in this newsletter.All of
      the lessons contained in the newsletter are free of charge.

      Enjoy!

      Heidi
      Montessori List Moderator

      American Montessori Consulting