Re: Join The Fundred Dollar Bill Project!

  • Jane
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2009
      Yes, please check out the website for this worthy project! Not only
      can students have a voice through art, they can see how collectively
      we can make a difference, how art can effectively communicate an
      idea, and see a sculptor who uses his art in unusual ways.

      "This creative collective action is intended to support OPERATION
      PAYDIRT, an extraordinary art/science project uniting three million
      children with educators, scientists, health care professionals,
      designers, urban planners, engineers and artists. Together they are
      working to make safe the lead polluted soil of New Orleans that
      places thousands of children at risk for severe learning disabilities
      and behavioral problems, including violent crime."

      I found it exciting and promising that plants were used to reabsorb
      lead from the soil, and that if successful, this method could be used
      in other cities with high lead pollution.

      Participate and then spread the word!!

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "mhsart444" <art304@...> wrote:

      > The FUNDRED DOLLAR BILL PROJECT (http://fundred.org) is something
      that can easily be
      > done in any school – at its peak, it will be a unique artwork made
      of millions of drawings!
      > Students (or adults) create "fundred" dollar bills, using their
      creativity to design the money.
      > The individual "fundred dollar bills" will be collected and
      presented to Congress to support
      > the rebuilding of New Orleans.
      >
      > This project, created by artist, Mel Chin, is a unique way to be a
      part of a creative community
      > service action. When the goal of three hundred million FUNDRED
      DOLLARS is met, a specially
      > designed armored truck will leave New Orleans on a 12,000-mile
      journey to pick up every
      > FUNDRED DOLLAR BILL. The truck will deliver the Fundred Dollar
      Bills to Washington D.C. in