Complimentary Art Expo New York passes available at gallery reception

  • techman12345
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2009
      Hi everybody,

      I'm new to this group, and occassionally run across things that might be of interest to art teachers, so will be posting only when I know of something that might benefit you, such as the item below:

      Painter & sculptor David Tobey, the son of the late well-known historical muralist and illustrator Alton S. Tobey (1914-2005)is a professional violinist in addition to being a visual artist, and  many of the new paintings in his solo show this month at his gallery in New York have musical themes.

      He and Von Cello, The cellist who founded the first cello-fronted rock power trio in history will both be performing on strings live at the opening party and musical director Kirk Ehrenreich will be performing on keyboard.

      Although Tobey is not exhibiting his own work at Art Expo New York at Javits Center this year, he has complimentary passes to the Expo free for the asking to anyone who attends the reception for his solo show at Pleiades Gallery, 530 West 25th Street, New York this Saturday, Feb. 21st from 3 to 6 p.m. Each pass is good for two admissions (a $30 value), so if you are in New York and want to attend, stop by the gallery and pick one up Saturday.

      Thanks,

      Joe Dolice
      for the artists & the gallery

    • jdecker4art
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 20, 2009
        Thanks Joe,

        Glad to see you join here, too.

        Folks will really like the work of David Tobey:
        http://www.davidtobey.com/

        There is a connection to music with many of his works.
        David's work is very different from his father's, Alton Tobey:
        http://www.altontobey.com/

        Joe has some other web projects that are very educational. Are those
        still online, Joe? I "met" Joe (and the Tobey's - through Joe) first on
        Getty list.