Re: [art_education] Re: Art Show

  • Heather Martin
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 8, 2009
      I would love the article if you remember :) Thanks.

      On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 9:41 AM, mcautobiography <mcammer@...> wrote:

      The issue of poor parent turnout at school functions is not just one
      for the art class, but one for the entire school.

      My principal passed around an article (sorry I don't remember the
      cite) about schools that had changed the structure of parent-teacher
      conferences to be parent-student-teacher conferences. This, along
      with other cultural changes at the schools, increased family
      involvement in all activities.

      Of course, this is a big change that the entire school has to invest
      in, not just the art teachers.

      -Michael