RE: [art_education] radial symmetry questions - Thanks to everyone

  • Hillmer, Jan
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2009

      Thanks.  I, too, prefer the flipped kaleidoscopic designs.  They are much more interesting.

      Thanks to all who responded.

      Jan in Tampa

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2009
        That is called reflection. It is like the reflected symmetry that is see when you look in a kaleidoscope.
        If you would like to take a look at some of my student work using radial symmetry in the creation of mandala designs I have included my web page at my school.

        Diane Rowen Garmire
        Visual Art Teacher/ Teacher of Gifted and Talented

        (to visit Diane's web page: Spokaneschools.org
        go to Visit our Schools, go to Elementary schools
        go to Libby Center, go to Staff Information
        then scroll to Diane Garmire and click on web page)

        Great Deals on Dell Laptops. Starting at $499.