Re: FLS / Special Education Art Lessons?

  • aliteachesart
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2009
      Hi Cindy
      I am sure you will enjoy this group of students! I have two self
      contained classes of special education students w/ degrees of
      abilities. I find you need to modify the materials for a few kids,
      like if it is a drawing experience and you have a child that is
      totally hand over hand, you might have different collage items with
      texture for her to choose from and then the aid hand over hands with
      her to glue them. Or a child that throws things, if he is responsive
      would paint of course, but if he is having a bad day maybe he will use
      chalks or oil pastels. The aides need to communicate with you and you
      need to communicate with them so the student work isn't their work.

      As for lessons, I often modify my kindergarten experiences and or read
      a book or look at art. oops have a meeting! ALi