Re: [art_education] (off topic) Office 2007 - anyone try it?

  • maryjo rosania
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2009
      We have Office 2007 at my school.
      There are a few things to get used to - but not too much, and I think it is worth it.
      You have the option of saving as an older MS office file in all programs (powerpoint, word, excel...)
      and I always choose that option, just in case....you never know who you are sending things to and if they will have 2007.
      Although, I also got MS Office for mac, 2007 at home, since I use Mac everywhere but at work! - and they are completely compatible, old and new.
      good luck,
      MaryJo

      On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 1:04 PM, MARYANN KOHL <maryann@...> wrote:

      There are converters you can dowload...I use those to open newer stuff that comes my way.

      But perhaps the best idea is just to move on up.
      MaryAnn Kohl

      On Jan 27, 2009, at 6:27 AM, Becky Hopkins wrote:

      I have not had too many issues with the change to Office 2007.  When I want to open a file on my old machine at work (with XP) I save my document in an earlier format.  I love all of the easier options on 2007 (options that pop up as you highlight text, etc.) and hate using XP now.  And I love my font options (without having to download a bunch of fonts from elsewhere)!   Both my husband and I have newer laptops with Vista and Office 2007, and we don't even use our desktop computer much at all anymore (which has Office 2003).
      People are going to start switching over soon, Judy, and, if you keep working from the older operating system you may not be able to open everything sent your way.  As the moderator for such a resource as IAD I would advise using the most current operating system you can get.

      Becky Hopkins
      Art Teacher
      Marion Junior High School

      --