Re: [art_education] 30 min in construction paper & clay entrance ideas?

  • Jeff Pridie
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2009
      Construction Paper:

      I would say they would be giving them a composition assessment. Laying out shapes, overlapping, repetition, use of line, contrast of color/size, use of space, etc.

      Clay Constructions:

      As far as the clay might be how they develop the form, use of space, textural features, emphasis.

      I think if they focus on these possible problems within their separate examples they should do well.

      Jeff (Minnesota)

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2009
        3-D paper construction (origami or paper pop outs) would really wow their socks off. I
        have a couple of books at school I could suggest. Let me know if you are interested.
        Amy (NY)

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Brenda Robson <bruthrobson@...> wrote:

        > My daughter and her friend are trying to get accepted to the Arts
        > Magnet high school in our town.
        > They need to do a "design when they give them an element of art problem
        > for 30 min in construction paper, and they will have 30 min to do a
        > clay piece.
        > Anyone have any suggestions of what they can be practicing on in the
        > design and the clay?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Brenda
        >

        > http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/artroom/Brenda/Brenda.html
        > http://www.portraitartist.com/robson/

      • maryjo rosania
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2009
          If you are looking for some great paper pop outs, and how too type instructions, google Robert Sabuda -- not only are his pop ups awesome, but he has some patterns to make your own on his site....
          MaryJo

          --
          MaryJo Rosania