Trash for Teaching

  • Glennis
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2008
      If you are in the Los Angeles area and would like a great resource for diverted (clean and never used) materials from LA MFGs, check out the organization Trash for Teaching .

      A school can purchase a membership for $100 and EVERY teacher in the school can take out whatever materials they can use for the entire year.  The materials are sourced and donated from a wide variety of companies and change frequently.  They work with Arts for All if your school is part of that program.  They also offer the materials to educators by the pound ($2/lb) but a membership is the better value.  We joined up yesterday and hauled away some great stuff for a children's art workshop series we are starting up in conjunction with our city's libraries.

      While I'm here, I'll leave you with a link to a great little youtube video . Not sure how I bumped into it but if it was here, apologies for the duplication.

      Glennis
      www.elementaryart.wordpress.com