Job posting: Game Artist

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2008
      Job Title: Game Artist
      Company Name: oneninestudios
      http://www.oneninestudios.com
      Job Description: oneninestudios is an up and coming developer of
      handheld, iPhone, mobile, and casual games. Founded in 2005,
      oneninestudios is headquartered in New York City, NY with a
      development office in San Francisco, CA.

      We are currently looking for bright, energetic, talented individuals
      who share a passion for creating the best games to work in our New
      York City studio. We are offering a competitive compensation and
      benefits package including health and dental benefits, flexible PTO
      plan, and the opportunity to work in a vibrant start-up environment in
      the heart of New York City.

      Job Requirements
      • Excellent 2d skills using palette restrictions and low resolution
      textures and be able to paint convincing texture maps at very low
      resolution
      • Solid 2d animation skills.
      • Be able to create models with very low poly requirements, including
      props, landscapes and characters
      • Mapping and unwrapping skills/experience as it applies to low poly
      game models
      • Strong Photoshop skills required, other 2d painting programs a plus
      • Be detail oriented and able to work from concept art and/or style guides
      • Willing to learn new techniques to help move the job forward quickly
      under tight deadlines
      • Be able to work well with others and take direction from lead(s)
      • Good communication skills
      • Ability to create a wide variety of game art styles

      Pluses:
      • Familiarity with real time engines, proprietary or otherwise
      • Be fast and fluid within the 3D Max or Maya environment
      • FLASH experience
      • Rigging, weighting and 3d animations skills
      • Knowledge of how art applies to game creation and a basic
      understanding of game development
      • Drawing skills
      • Previous Nintendo DS development experience

      How To Apply: Please send your resume and portfolio/ demo links to
      jobs@... No walk-ins or phone calls will be considered.
      Salary: competetive
      Deadline to Apply / Job Expiration: December 15th, 2008