drawing a face tutorial for 4-5 grades

  • Tina
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2008
      Hi, Colleagues,
      Could someone please give me some direction on how to have children draw their faces with either a computer tutorial or a site that might direct me to a lesson that I can use with  my kids.
      Thanks,
      tina
    • Brandy
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2008
        You can check out the page I made for my kids on drawing a face-
        http://members.cox.net/bergiemoore/face.html
        I made his nose a little long. I tend to do that, but nonetheless, it
        helped my students- elementary through high school who had no clue
        where to begin.
        Regards,
        Brandy

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Tina <teachemart1@...> wrote:

        > Hi, Colleagues,
        > Could someone please give me some direction on how to have children
        > draw their faces with either a computer tutorial or a site that might
        > direct me to a lesson that I can use with my kids.
        > Thanks,
        > tina

      • Marianne
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2008

          Tina,

          The Sanford "A Lifetime of Color" website has a great lesson for drawing portraits.
          http://www.alifetimeofcolor.com/main.taf?p=1,23
          I've used it with elementary and junior high.

          Good luck,

          Marianne in Ohio

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Tina <teachemart1@...> wrote:

          > Hi, Colleagues,
          > Could someone please give me some direction on how to have children
          > draw their faces with either a computer tutorial or a site that might
          > direct me to a lesson that I can use with my kids.
          > Thanks,
          > tina

        • Alyssa Navapanich
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2008
            A lifetime of Color by Sanford has a great tutorial for faces called Proportional Portraits.
            http://www.alifetimeofcolor.com
            Alyssa
            San Diego