mail-in art show

  • wmvanhorn
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2008
      I am interested in doing a mail-in art show. I would like to do an exchange with another
      middle school: I send you my kids' artwork, and you send me yours. Theme would be "A day
      in my life," a drawing of something that is particular to each student's life, hopefully giving a
      flavor of the region they live in. A brief description of what is going on would be included
      on the page.

      I would really like to do this with a country other than the USA, to provide the students with
      a glimpse of a culture that may be much different than their own.

      I teach in a small rural town/bedroom community to a small city in the southern plains in
      the USA. Is this list-serve used by teachers outside of the USA? If anyone is interested
      please respond. I could see this developing onto an annual round-robin event, traveling
      from school to school.

      Also, if anyone knows how to contact overseas schools, please let me know.

      Thanks

      William Van Horn
      Prairie Grove, Arkansas