Time Between Classes???

  • mccauley_misty
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2008
      We have ZERO time between classes. All specials are on a cart, and
      classes end and start at the same time. For example, 1st grade art
      runs from 9:30 until 10:15. Second grade art runs from 10:15 until 11.
      I must go from 1st grade to 2nd grade in ZERO minutes. The 1st grade
      teacher doesn't return to her room until 10:18, thinking "no big deal"
      but then I show up to 2nd grade at 10:20, and have lost time that
      could be spent working. I also lose time at the end of a period
      because I have to clean up early in order to be ready to get out that
      door as soon as the teacher gets back, because they want to start back
      as soon as they walk in, even in they are early! At the end of the day
      I lose about 10 minutes of work time because my final class gets out
      at 3:15. The students are also released from school at 3:15. So I have
      to allow them time to get their things ready, get their classroom jobs
      done, and get them lined up to go out the door.
      We have complained, but to no avail.
      Thanks for letting me vent!

      Misty in PA