Re: [art_education] celingl mural

  • MARYANN KOHL
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 24, 2008
      I t might be fun for them to each choose a great master of art and do an artwork in that style.
      Then make a patchwork of great art by kids.
      Someone could do a Picasso cubist work, another an impressionistic Monet work, someone do a Mondrian geometric, and etc.
      This isn't really a mural but maybe you will like the idea.

      MaryAnn Kohl

      On Nov 24, 2008, at 9:04 AM, Suzette Milam-Morrow wrote:

      I have done that in the past. Each kid was assigned an element or principle of art to create on one ceiling tile. Thumbnail sketches first. It ends up being a good tool to use when talking about the elements and principles to have them on the ceiling. Be sure to prime those tiles or they will suck up all the paint. I used basic wall primer. It covers the yellow stains on them too. Yuck.

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 24, 2008
        Here we have the 6 pillars of character:
        Caring
        Trustworthiness
        Respect
        Responsibility
        Fairness
        Citizenship

        you could have them do a mural based on these...
        MaryJo, NJ

        .

        --
        MaryJo Rosania

      • Kelli Wilke
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 24, 2008
          I've often thought of doing this with my art club.  I thought about using the ceiling as a "grid" and doing a large painting of like the Mona Lisa or something less obvious using the grid, and each student does a "piece" of the painting.  You could have the original on a piece of paper with a grid on it and assign a box to each student.  If you do end up doing something on the ceiling make sure you post pictures!

          Kelli in NE

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 25, 2008
            We actually aren't allowed to paint on our ceiling....it is a fire hazard, so I am told.
            I never heard that before....but I am new to this school, so maybe they have some sort of strict guidelines?
            No mural on the ceiling for me,
            MJ