Re: 6th grade ancient civilizations art

  • boots13@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 12, 2008
      Does anyone have any ancient egypt or Mayan powerpoint resources or pictures of lessons I might be able to take a look at?
      I have yet to dive into the sculpture side of things in my classroom, unfortunately, storage and $$ has made this very difficult but I would like to try something small with my special education class 7/8th graders.

      Thanks!
      Terri
      NYC

    • Fahad Hussain
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 13, 2008
        send me pictures

      • Linda Miller
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 13, 2008
          Hi there!

          I've been taking a virtual field trip class online and I have run
          across several great sites! What a neat way to share art and culture
          with your students! Here are some of the sites --

          From the British Museum - http://www.ancientegypt.co.uk/menu.html
          From National Geographic - a virtual field trip - http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/tut/mysteries/journey.html

          From the Science Museum of Minnesota - Maya Adventure!- http://www.smm.org/sln/ma/

          Good luck!
          Linda
        • Sue Stevens
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 15, 2008
            Hi all,
            I saw the posts looking for Egypt stuff - thought I would remind everyone to look in the groups files - there is a large PDF there that has a tonne of Egyptian website resourses, all listing what's available on the site, etc.
            You have to log into the group to access the files.  The Egypt file is under the file section, then the folder for 'sharing'.