RE: [art_education] New Fugleflick to teach complementary colors....and more!

  • Terri Noell
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
      Love it!!! Thanks so much for sharing!
      Terri
      Fla. K-5
      ________________________________
      > To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
      > From: tricia_fuglestad@...
      > Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 13:04:58 +0000
      > Subject: [art_education] New Fugleflick to teach complementary colors....and more!
      >

      > I would love some feedback on my newest movie. I made this as the final movie project for
      > my digital storytelling class.
      > The idea came out of a class discussion with my fourth graders on mixing complementary
      > colors. One of my students asked if the colors "give compliments to each other". Then this
      > grew into colors falling in love with each other, getting married, and having a family.
      >
      > I tried to stuff as many concepts into the movie as possible to help open up discussion for
      > class: color wheel, complementary colors, primary colors, secondary colors, the effects of
      > complementary colors next to each other, complementary colors mixing, color harmony,
      > neutrals, and other color mixing.
      >
      > http://complementary.notlong.com
      >
      > Thanks for watching!
      > Tricia

    • tricia_fuglestad
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
        Sure,
        Here is another link:
        http://www.vimeo.com/2026501

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "draw.art" <draw.art@...> wrote:

        > Trish, could you send a different link for your film, maybe teacher tube? THis link (and
        each time you post its the same thing) freezes my computer. I'd love to see your film and
        possibly share it with my students!
        > Barbara
      • Terri Noell
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
          Thank you so much...I showed a couple of your films last week, but were unable to make them full screen...but, the students love them! Thank you for sharing!
          Terri
          k-5 Fla.
          ________________________________
          > To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
          > From: tricia_fuglestad@...
          > Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 21:00:31 +0000
          > Subject: [art_education] Re: New Fugleflick to teach complementary colors....and more!
          >

          > Sure,
          > Here is another link:
          > http://www.vimeo.com/2026501
          >
          > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "draw.art" wrote:
          >>
          >> Trish, could you send a different link for your film, maybe teacher tube? THis link (and
          > each time you post its the same thing) freezes my computer. I'd love to see your film and
          > possibly share it with my students!
          >> Barbara

        • Sheba
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
            Wonderful as always. I can't wait to show this one when I am teaching
            colors.

            Cynthia
          • Linda A. Nunn