New Fugleflick to teach complementary colors....and more!

  • tricia_fuglestad
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
      I would love some feedback on my newest movie. I made this as the final movie project for
      my digital storytelling class.
      The idea came out of a class discussion with my fourth graders on mixing complementary
      colors. One of my students asked if the colors "give compliments to each other". Then this
      grew into colors falling in love with each other, getting married, and having a family.

      I tried to stuff as many concepts into the movie as possible to help open up discussion for
      class: color wheel, complementary colors, primary colors, secondary colors, the effects of
      complementary colors next to each other, complementary colors mixing, color harmony,
      neutrals, and other color mixing.

      http://complementary.notlong.com

      Thanks for watching!
      Tricia
    • Patricia Knott
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
        VERY VERY cool, Trish

        and
        once again you have shown how kids can really learn a concept.

        For all these years that we art teachers have talking about
        "compliments" you had kids that understood what a "compliment" is
        and made a connection and a relationship, while incorporating skills
        that translate. They learned something that touches behavior as well
        as a an art idea.

        BRAVO

        On Nov 1, 2008, at 9:04 AM, tricia_fuglestad wrote:

        > I would love some feedback on my newest movie. I made this as the
        > final movie project for
        > my digital storytelling class.
        > The idea came out of a class discussion with my fourth graders on
        > mixing complementary
        > colors. One of my students asked if the colors "give compliments to
        > each other". Then this
        > grew into colors falling in love with each other, getting married,
        > and having a family.
        >
        > I tried to stuff as many concepts into the movie as possible to
        > help open up discussion for
        > class: color wheel, complementary colors, primary colors, secondary
        > colors, the effects of
        > complementary colors next to each other, complementary colors
        > mixing, color harmony,
        > neutrals, and other color mixing.
        >
        > http://complementary.notlong.com
        >
        > Thanks for watching!
        > Tricia

      • draw.art
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
          Trish, could you send a different link for your film, maybe teacher tube? THis link (and each time you post its the same thing) freezes my computer. I'd love to see your film and possibly share it with my students!
          Barbara
          once again you have shown how kids can really learn a concept.

          For all these years that we art teachers have talking about
          "compliments" you had kids that understood what a "compliment" is
          and made a connection and a relationship, while incorporating skills
          that translate. They learned something that touches behavior as well
          as a an art idea.

          BRAVO

          On Nov 1, 2008, at 9:04 AM, tricia_fuglestad wrote:

          > I would love some feedback on my newest movie. I made this as the
          > final movie project for
          > my digital storytelling class.
          > The idea came out of a class discussion with my fourth graders on
          > mixing complementary
          > colors. One of my students asked if the colors "give compliments to
          > each other". Then this
          > grew into colors falling in love with each other, getting married,
          > and having a family.
          >
          > I tried to stuff as many concepts into the movie as possible to
          > help open up discussion for
          > class: color wheel, complementary colors, primary colors, secondary
          > colors, the effects of
          > complementary colors next to each other, complementary colors
          > mixing, color harmony,
          > neutrals, and other color mixing.
          >
          > http://complementar y.notlong. com
          >
          > Thanks for watching!
          > Tricia

        • MJ Smith
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
            Excellent movie. Congratulations on a job well done!!

            Jennifer

            "An idea is salvation by imagination."
            Frank Lloyd Wright

            > I would love some feedback on my newest movie. I made this
            > as the final movie project for
            > my digital storytelling class.
            > The idea came out of a class discussion with my fourth
            > graders on mixing complementary
            > colors. One of my students asked if the colors "give
            > compliments to each other". Then this
            > grew into colors falling in love with each other, getting
            > married, and having a family.
            >
            > I tried to stuff as many concepts into the movie as
            > possible to help open up discussion for
            > class: color wheel, complementary colors, primary colors,
            > secondary colors, the effects of
            > complementary colors next to each other, complementary
            > colors mixing, color harmony,
            > neutrals, and other color mixing.
            >
            > http://complementary.notlong.com
            >
            > Thanks for watching!
            > Tricia
          • Terri Noell
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
              Love it!!! Thanks so much for sharing!
              Terri
              Fla. K-5
              ________________________________
              > To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
              > From: tricia_fuglestad@...
              > Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 13:04:58 +0000
              > Subject: [art_education] New Fugleflick to teach complementary colors....and more!
              >

              > I would love some feedback on my newest movie. I made this as the final movie project for
              > my digital storytelling class.
              > The idea came out of a class discussion with my fourth graders on mixing complementary
              > colors. One of my students asked if the colors "give compliments to each other". Then this
              > grew into colors falling in love with each other, getting married, and having a family.
              >
              > I tried to stuff as many concepts into the movie as possible to help open up discussion for
              > class: color wheel, complementary colors, primary colors, secondary colors, the effects of
              > complementary colors next to each other, complementary colors mixing, color harmony,
              > neutrals, and other color mixing.
              >
              > http://complementary.notlong.com
              >
              > Thanks for watching!
              > Tricia

            • tricia_fuglestad
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
                Sure,
                Here is another link:
                http://www.vimeo.com/2026501

                --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "draw.art" <draw.art@...> wrote:

                > Trish, could you send a different link for your film, maybe teacher tube? THis link (and
                each time you post its the same thing) freezes my computer. I'd love to see your film and
                possibly share it with my students!
                > Barbara
              • Terri Noell
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
                  Thank you so much...I showed a couple of your films last week, but were unable to make them full screen...but, the students love them! Thank you for sharing!
                  Terri
                  k-5 Fla.
                  ________________________________
                  > To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: tricia_fuglestad@...
                  > Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 21:00:31 +0000
                  > Subject: [art_education] Re: New Fugleflick to teach complementary colors....and more!
                  >

                  > Sure,
                  > Here is another link:
                  > http://www.vimeo.com/2026501
                  >
                  > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "draw.art" wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Trish, could you send a different link for your film, maybe teacher tube? THis link (and
                  > each time you post its the same thing) freezes my computer. I'd love to see your film and
                  > possibly share it with my students!
                  >> Barbara

                • Sheba
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
                    Wonderful as always. I can't wait to show this one when I am teaching
                    colors.

                    Cynthia
                  • Linda A. Nunn
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 6, 2008