Re: [art_education] Tables etc in the art room what do you have?

  • Sue Stevens
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2008
      Hi,
      I have unusually large tables - 36" x 96"....they can seat 8 (3 on each side, one on each end, but that's a little squished......)  Bet for seating 6 (one on each end, 2 on each side).  I have 4 of those in the room, and two small tables that form a square which is in the middle of the classroom.  There's no options for where they are in the room because of their size.......but I love the huge surfaces!
    • Marianna
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008
        My school thought they were doing me a favor and bought me all new
        tables when I lost my real room and was moved into the cafer. for an
        art space. They went to Sams and bought those folding tables. They
        bought WHITE textured surfaces. They are terrible to keep clean and
        the surface makes it impossible to draw a straight line.

        I have left over chairs. I think I would prefer chairs for safety. I
        teach 2-8th in that room. One day they may all fall apart and we'll
        be on the floor. The music department had to pay 1/2 the cost of
        their new chairs.

        I had individual art tables with built in easels at one school-- nice
        by they broke in no time by the junior high kids.

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Monica Gabehart <mgabehar@...>
        wrote:

        > I teach K-8 so tables have been the most versatile for me. I like
        6 foot x
        > 3 foot, I can fit 6 at a table and the are wide enough to allow
        room for
        > lots of stuff and still reach to share things. I used to have 8
        foot x 30
        > inch tables and those extra couple of kids and that extra 6 inches
        of space
        > really made a difference for me. I started with folding metal
        chairs and
        > when given a choice ordered stools ­ love them. (If I taught only
        junior
        > high I would try to get individual art tables with higher stools,
        but that
        > is an expensive dream.)
        > Monica
        >

        > On 10/31/08 1:39 PM, "Tanya Riehle" <triehle@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Hello all. Julie and I are looking at new tables etc for the art
        > > room, I have asked for since I got here and we literally have
        tables
        > > that people were junking. I would really like some easels,
        however
        > > we are worried about wear and tear on them, on that note steel or
        > > wood? Also what about tables. Do you have tables if so what
        > > height? Stools vs chairs. If you had to it over what would you
        > > do? We teach a variety of art classes so we would need some
        > > versatility.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Tanya

      • hornel2957
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2008
          I love the tables I have. They are about 41/2'x 3" and have solid
          metal legs. They sit four students comfortably with 18x24 paper.
          This size makes it easier for everyone to reach supplies when I put
          them in the center of the table. The table are also easily pushed
          together when I want to make longer groups of students. I used to
          have those cheap table too....awful!!