Re: Scenery Backdrops..help!

  • Linda Miller
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 29 10:56 AM
      Another great solution for backdrops that are lightweight is using the
      sheets of foam that builders use for insulation. These cost about $10
      a sheet and are 4x8. I build or have some Dads build a frame with
      1x4's so I can hinge other frames for a corner of a building or rotate
      the pieces for another scene. I've tried luan and canvas and the foam
      is durable, glue-able, and lightweight enough to use over and over
      again. I've even used cut pieces to make the molding around windows,
      fronts of cars, scoreboards (for Grease), Jud's shack for Oklahoma...
      You need to peel the plastic liner off the side you want to paint and
      use acrylics, tempera, or latex -- whatever is available! Neat Stuff!
      Good luck!

      Linda