Re: Class project

  • Blue
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 2, 2008
      Thanks to everyone who is interested in the class project. I was
      actually overwhelmed with requests! I am in a very small school so it
      is going to be impossible for me to work with everyone. However, if
      all the people interested can email me off the group with details re
      age group and number of kids that they have, then I could organise
      this so that everyone gets to exchange with someone.

      Cheers

      Charlot in Malta
    • tatterbell22
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 4, 2008
        I have just started a class for gifted and talented students
        titled, "Art around the World." I think an exchange would be
        wonderful, but my students are in grades 1-2 (working at 3-5 grade
        level), so they are ages 6 and 7. We're "visiting" different
        countries and learning about culture, traditions, and of course,
        art. If anyone is still interested, please let me know. The course
        is offered on Saturdays from 9-noon and goes on until November 15th
        (so you have an idea on how much time I actually have with the
        students).

        Thanks in advance!

        Tatiana

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Blue" <charlotc@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I am looking for someone interested in a failry simple and
        > straightfoward art exchange project. The idea is for the teachers
        > identify a number of works of art and give each student in the
        class
        > a picture of the work of art. The students have to write a
        detailed
        > description of the work of art. The descriptions are then
        exchanged
        > and the students have to reproduce the original work of art from
        the
        > description they would have received. Finally, everyone gets to
        look
        > at the original works the teachers would have identified and
        compare
        > these with the descriptions they would have received and the works
        > they would have produced.
        >
        > I have seen this project working in a school in the Netherlands
        and
        > it is real fun! I have not identified an age group yet but I would
        > consider Year 5, 6 or 7 (that's primary or elementary school, ages
        9
        > to 11) and I am in Malta, Europe.
        >
        > Let me know if anyone is interested.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Charlot

      • MJ Smith
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 5, 2008
          Remember me.... I was the first person who replied to your project. I have already engaged my class and have selected a painting to exchange.

          We are anxiously awaiting your reply.

          Jennifer

          "An idea is salvation by imagination."
          Frank Lloyd Wright

          > Thanks to everyone who is interested in the class project. I
          > was
          > actually overwhelmed with requests! I am in a very small
          > school so it
          > is going to be impossible for me to work with everyone.
          > However, if
          > all the people interested can email me off the group with
          > details re
          > age group and number of kids that they have, then I could
          > organise
          > this so that everyone gets to exchange with someone.
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Charlot in Malta
        • Paige Conn
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 6, 2008
            This is so exciting! I have just been reinstated to the group after my tech police spammed all contact since last year. It will take me awhile to get back in the groove but just wanted to say "hey".

            Regarding Charlot's project, I would be very interested to learn more and possibly be a part. I am not sure if Fredericksburg, Texas would be considered "around the world".

            Paige

            ________________________________

            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com <mailto:art_education%40yahoogroups.com> , "Blue" <charlotc@...> wrote:

            > Hi everyone,
            >
            > I am looking for someone interested in a failry simple and
            > straightfoward art exchange project. The idea is for the teachers
            > identify a number of works of art and give each student in the
            class
            > a picture of the work of art. The students have to write a
            detailed
            > description of the work of art. The descriptions are then
            exchanged
            > and the students have to reproduce the original work of art from
            the
            > description they would have received. Finally, everyone gets to
            look
            > at the original works the teachers would have identified and
            compare
            > these with the descriptions they would have received and the works
            > they would have produced.
            >
            > I have seen this project working in a school in the Netherlands
            and
            > it is real fun! I have not identified an age group yet but I would
            > consider Year 5, 6 or 7 (that's primary or elementary school, ages
            9
            > to 11) and I am in Malta, Europe.
            >
            > Let me know if anyone is interested.
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > Charlot

          • Ken
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 6, 2008
              Paige,

              I'm glad our work finally paid off. Once the list group posts bounce a
              few times, it no longer sends any posts and I have to reauthorize your
              posts. Of course the first time I reauthorized your posts, they
              bounced too until your techies finally got to work on the issue. At
              any rate, welcome back.

              Ken

              --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Paige Conn" <paigec@...> wrote:

              > This is so exciting! I have just been reinstated to the group after
              my tech police spammed all contact since last year. It will take me
              awhile to get back in the groove but just wanted to say "hey".

              > Regarding Charlot's project, I would be very interested to learn
              more and possibly be a part. I am not sure if Fredericksburg, Texas
              would be considered "around the world".

              > Paige
            • maureen m
              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 7, 2008
                Welcome back Paige. Are you going to the TAEA conference in San Antonio this year?
                Maureen
                Austin