Re:Advertising Artwork

  • Rivka Kehaty
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
      How about craigslist.com?  I would check out art/craft/design blogs as well, they sell advertising space.  Off the top of my head you could try blogs like decor8, designsponge, modish, and then look at the blog links along the side and just do some advertising research (can you google the names I just posted....so lazy now....).   Have you looked at etsy.com?  It is a venue to sell your art.  Take a look.

      Good luck and let us know what all you find and what was successful for you!
      Rivka

    • shellysart
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
        Hi Cara,

        There is a small site called Etsy.com that sells artwork on
        consignment. I have yet to use it, but have looked at it and there
        seems to be lots of art on there. Also, not sure the terms.
        There is also a Flickr.com group that is being formed for Artists
        that are teachers, to show their work. Not sure if it is a "for sale"
        site, but at least a place to show your work. I can look up the web
        address if you need it.

        Shelly in Seattle

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Cara" <cara.miles1@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows of good places for artists
        > advertise their work and websites. I've not long started up a
        website
        > for my artwork which I hope to make a small business of but need to
        > find places to advertise to let people know I'm out there. Any
        info
        > would be greatly appreciated, thanks,
        >
        > CJ.

      • tatterbell22
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2008
          There is also deviantart.com. They accept all kinds of media, and you
          can sell prints of your artwork.