RE: class project

  • Bethany Simonson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2008
      What a GREAT idea, Charlot!  I teach 6th and 7th graders and would love to do this with my 7th graders.  I have approx. 125 7th grade students - how many students do you have that you would want to involve in this?  I live/teach in a suburb of Washington DC and my students are very diverse.  I think they would really like the idea of doing an exchange with students from Europe!  My only worry is that some of my students do not speak English and therefore would need to do all of their writing in Spanish.  The Spanish speakers are usually put in art because it is easier for them to understand (visually) than music classes. However, since I have so many students, I could send you all of them and you could just eliminate some of the them that are not readable or every detailed.  If you have less students than me, I could also copy some of your responses and have some students use the same response.

      I JUST LOVE THIS IDEA!! :) Feel free to email me off the group at:  bethany.thiele@... (bethanysimonson@... is my old address and I don't check it as often - I recently married).

      ~Bethany in VA~

      --
      "Our similarities bring us to a common ground. Our differences allow us to be fascinated by each other."

      -Tom Robbins
    • go4art@juno.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
        Love the idea and love the ideas of even doing this within the school with the language arts students! THANKS.
        creatively,
        Linda Kieling
        (middle school in Oregon)

        Always home alone? Get a Emergency Alert System. Click Now.
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3mXtaDH6gOyfborAsy2ZqUuDweUavGsqmFEeuwUlT6yTM7Au/