Last word on the "Crayon Artist"

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2004
      Dear Art Educators,

      Last word from me that is.... You all can do what you
      want.

      I read his "Terms for Use" agreement for his site.
      Ironically, you are supposed to read it before you
      viewed any of his images. From what I gather he may
      have given permission to use in the past? - then has
      requested folks to destroy the images...You can go
      there yourself to read the fine print.

      ....any ways. I refuse to mention his name again --
      and will not give his site another look until I hear
      back from him.

      I did write a letter to him this evening. I doubt I
      will hear back. He does not need us to promote his
      work. He will do fine without us.

      For those who are already hooked - just do as Cathy
      and put a hyperlink in the PowerPoint. I doubt he will
      write back and say we can not link to his site. I did
      not ask that specifically. However, I will not add his
      links back to IAD unless he requests them. Same goes
      for any other artists you write for permission to use
      denied and I have them linked - it is one small step.

      Lesson learned.... BTW Since "Great Sites" are not
      permanent - I will not be emailing them for permission
      to use images - only NEW artists that are added. I
      won't link any until we have permission to use an
      image or two in a PowerPoint. I won't specifically say
      that in my posts though so non-art teachers don't take
      free reign. You know we are not the only ones who use
      Getty Archives.

      Cheers!

      Judith

      P.S. I didn't give him Judith Richer Decker - just
      Judith Decker. (I'm Judith on the lists because of the
      "Judy" confusions - I did that years ago, too).

      =====
      Judith Decker
      Incredible Art Department
      Jdecker@...