Dolls! Be ready for NEXT Santa's Day - MUST SEE site

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2004
      Dear Art Educators,

      I am a bit late telling you about Mary Ann's site -
      hers was the first one I picked to share. EVERY Santa
      doll is SOLD - and they are worth their weight in
      gold. Just LOOK at the stories these dolls tell.
      I didn't get it posted right away because I hadn't
      "bought" one yet (saved one to file)

      Mary Ann Reed
      http://www.santasbymaryann.com

      This is my solution.... I am going to "buy" them
      all....and Make my "Mary Ann's Santa's Workshop"
      Collage to put up in my house at Christmas in honor of
      my new Doll Expert, Mary Ann. I know I won't get it
      done - but it is the thought that counts.

      Before you poo-poo the idea of sharing these with your
      kiddies -- just think of the market out there. What
      about these wonderful Santa's holding a portrait doll
      of your child on his/her lap? Good idea? How many of
      you have a photo of your wonder child on Santa's lap
      that you would like to have an excuse to leave out
      year round? NO ONE would put one of these away after
      Christmas - they are just too precious.

      Show the kids Mary Ann's Sculptures - Try Denise's
      Santa's Closet with the wee ones - have them add their
      own story elements to the closet. I can think of LOTS
      of lessons to incorporate these images. (Mary Ann -
      I'm adding a link to our Christmas ideas page, too)

      If you are interested in contacting Mary Ann for your
      own portrait of your child - I will let you contact
      her to see if she takes commissions - I bet she is
      very busy (smile) maryann@...

      Mary Ann is linked on this page:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/crafts.htm
      (soon I'll add Dolls to my home page).

      Isn't it grand that one can not copyright the idea of
      Santa?

      I'll get more shared later.

      Judith

      =====