Texture Lesson Plan

  • Greg Hogan
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 23 6:46 AM
      Texture was a hard lesson for me to come up with ideas.  I use a project that has been pretty successful with high school age.  I get a 11x14 masonite board and  paper mache pulp.  I have them design a composition in their sketchbook.  Then transfer that to the masonite board. After it is transferred they take the paper mache and add texture to different parts of their composition.  The pulp will adhere to the board pretty good if they don't use a big pile of the pulp.  I try to encourage them to do landscapes, and other ideas that do not have a lot of complicated shapes. Then they paint their composition with acrylic paint.  When they are finished it almost has a relief sculpture look to the composition.  You can also use newspaper and wall paper paste. I have used thick cardboard instead of masonite board with this project, it works ok but the cardboard sometimes will buckle if it is not thick because of the water.  Hope this helps.
      Greg Hogan
    • MJ Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 23 5:55 PM
        Thank you Greg!!!