How to get permission to use Jeffrey Robert's Art

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2004
      (My apologies to Jeffrey if you find this - I am only
      answering some list questions - no harm intended)

      Dear Art Educators,

      I feel partially responsible for this dilemma we are
      in now. Since I posted his site again and again - and
      I linked it up all through IAD. Here we have an artist
      using a medium that kids use and we can't show them
      his work. (I would use Grandma Layton now I suppose)

      I am going to tell you how I got permission - I never
      got a negative reply back. If someone has their email
      address on their website for you to contact them that
      way - then I feel it is their responsibility to read
      the mail. My STUDENTS wrote the letters. We wrote them
      in a reverse way (reply if it is NOT OK)- but now
      Cathy is stuck having to take a different approach.

      So now all art teachers - we know now you are not
      allowed to show Jeffrey Robert's art to your students.
      What would be wrong with the students writing him a
      letter telling him their teacher told them about his
      work - but they are not allowed to see it. Have the
      students ask permission to view his work in class.
      What kind of man would turn down the request from a
      student? (Cathy come up with some kind of letter and
      have the entire class sign it - snail mail it)

      I am NOT going to post his web site address again. It
      is no longer on either artist's page on IAD or the
      American artists page. I may have it still on a lesson
      plan but I don't have the time to find it now and
      remove it.

      Jan wanted to know why he would not allow kids to see
      his work - after all Cathy teaches in a Friends
      School. Cathy - do you suppose your children could
      find out why? Children have the power to change
      things! Don't you forget it.

      Well....now I feel better.

      I imagine Jeffrey has just been flooded with letters
      asking permission now...maybe that is the problem?

      Cathy let us know if you do this - it would be a good
      experience for the kids.

      Judith

      =====
      Judith Decker