Permission to Publish Woes - IAD CAN HELP

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2004
      Dear Art Educators,

      I have already sent a few dollmakers head rolling (smile - no not really --
      I didn't really cut off their heads - I am just NOT promoting them in any
      way on the lists - or my site). Here is my NEW Policy. Before I post a
      contemporary artist to the list - or link to IAD or my site I will get
      permission to use images in PowerPoint (for your own classroom use) FIRST.
      None of you will have to spend hundreds of hours writing letters. We have
      given one artist lots of praise on our lists -- way to much praise. One
      teacher wrote to him and he will NOT let her use an image of his work in her
      PowerPoint. Now if it were me - I would put it in there anyways and tell the
      kids I was not allowed to do it - and say may lightning stike me now if I
      did wrong....but I know Cathy will not be naughty. (this artist was really
      nasty to her)

      Since these posts do not come up in seach engines - here is his name - don't
      go there......LOL everyone what comes up first? our Getty posts!
      http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/hm/Oct03/0933.html
      http://www.thecrayonartist.com/ JEFFREY ROBERT
      Shame on him! I never remember his name - I just enter crayon artist in
      Google. I guess dear Jeffrey will have to write to Getty to have our
      offfensive posts removed.

      Here is my Getty post:

      YES there is somthing WE can do! and I will get
      started on it immediately. I will write to the Crayon
      artist - and tell him I sadly had to remove all of the
      links to his site....I will tell him I will also
      request the Getty archives remove our posts of praise
      for his work. I know Getty won't do that - but he
      doesn't need to know that.

      Art TEACHERS UNITE! Onward March! Put JUDITH RICHER
      DECKER into action (I am your Soldier! Richer is my
      maiden name and that is powerful soldier in German).
      Use my site and IAD - if you contact any artist - or
      any site - that I have links and they will NOT give
      you permission to use an image. I will remove their
      links. That is all I can do....but at least it is a
      start. THEN - from now on - before I post an artist -
      or site. I will get permission to use images in YOUR
      PowerPoints FIRST before posting to the lists. Folks I
      am "good" (smile) I always get permission for the ones
      I really want.

      Folks NEVER mention that Crayon artist name again on
      our list - we do not want his name coming up in
      searches praising him.

      THANK YOU for helping my "cause" for 2004!

      "Marching as to War" (giggles) 2004 looks to be a good year for Art Ed....

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...
      http://www.incredibleart.tk
    • Renah Bell