Re: stick on address labels

  • Brandy
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 17, 2008
      Hey, what about putting the white labels over pieces of art by famous
      artists (I'm thinking calendar pages) and getting the kids to match up
      the colors, movement of paint, and objects. It would be a way to get
      them to see how many colors are really used in every square inch of a
      painting! You can't just use "red", you have to use red orange, red
      brown, reds that move closer to purplish colors.... my first two
      thoughts were about Van Gogh and Matisse's, "Red Room". But any
      reporduction of art work would work. If you had a large poster, you
      could cut it up and section it out, then have the kids put it back
      together again and see how they did.
      If I were to do this, I would talk about the conservation of art
      work, and those special, lucky few who get to retouch masterpieces.
      You might also tell them how to carry a painting, why we never touch
      art with our bare hands, and other art museum etiquette.
      Hmm, maybe I'll get my kids some sticky labels :)
      Regards,
      Brandy