Re%3A%20Early%20Childhood%20exercises%2E%2E%2E

  • Miranda Nelken
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2008
      One of my favorite things to do with my children were mimic drawings.
      Using a large sheet of paper and markers let the child make the first mark
      and the adult mimics the same mark. The drawings can look symmetrical or a
      symmetrical depending on where the lines are copied. Color it in together
      afterward, let child lead all color choices.
      Painting with feathers dipped in paint.
      Painting on laminate film with permanent markers- maybe insect theme, put
      in window. Or temperas on a vinyl shower curtain hung in middle of room.
      Painting on rocks or chalks on pavement, untraditional surfaces.
      Include kinesthetic exerc. to motivate a lesson: making different types of
      lines in the air with streamers or ribbons. Pretending to be an animal,
      insect or plant growing. Make a spider web by throwing a ball of yarn to
      eachother as you sit in a circle.
      Reading a story that leads to art making.
      Make one day "Yellow Day", have out yellow markers, crayons, sands,
      glitter, colored water to explore. Follow with Blue and Red day.
      Mix food colors on clear pie plate that sits on overhead to see secondary
      colors.
      Have Fun!!!
      Miranda